As REALTORS®, brokers have a duty to arbitrate or mediate disputes that arise in relationships between other REALTORS® (principals) associated with different firms. Further, the CATRS Multiple Listing Service (MLS) rules require MLS Participants to settle compensation disputes between Participants through the Tallahassee Board of REALTORS® arbitration process.
To file for arbitration, complete the pdf Request and Agreement to Arbitrate form (form A-1) (646 KB) and attach a typewritten explanation of the events that support your claim for compensation.
Please keep in mind:
- Mandatory arbitration is only between REALTORS® (principals) and/or Participants in the MLS (brokers)
- A specific amount must be claimed
- Each party must pay the filing deposit
- There must have been a completed sale (closing)
- Filings must be within 180 days of the closing
- There must be a basis for the award (usually the MLS offer of compensation)
Access NAR's Code of Ethics, Professional Standards, and Mediation Resources Page